With the aim of boosting the reading culture in Tanzania, I have also decided to announce publicly the books that I read in the year 2012.
I hope this initiative will motivate other Tanzanians to step up, pick up and encourage their families to develop a reading culture.
I have instilled a reading culture in my family. My kids have individually read not less than 30 books this year. Their favourite books were part of their Christmas presents this year. They have ferocious appetite for books that we regularly visit local bookshop to replenish reading books.
As for me, this year I read the following books:
1. Angel of Dark- Sydney Sheldon
2. Jakaya Mrisho Kikwete: Tumaini lililorejea-Prince Bagenda
3. A journey-Tony Blair
4. Eight days in Sepember: The removal of Thabo Mbeki-Frank Chikane
5. The trouble with Africa-Robert Calderisi
6. Learning the law-Glanville Williams
7. Elements of law simplified-N.A. Saleemi
8. The Bourne Dominion-Eric van Lustbader
9. Sauti ya umma ni sauti ya demokrasia-Prof Mark Mwandosya
10. Historia ya Mwalimu Nyerere na maisha yangu katika utumishi Wa umma-Pius Msekwa
A fellow legislator, Zitto Kabwe has declared a list books he read in 2012 on his blog . I would also like to commend Maggid Mjengwa for his insightful article on reading culture in Tanzania, I think he should go further and tell us the books he has read.
Dr Mwele Malecela, please share the book list that you promised to announce publicly. January Makamba, you are an avid reader, share your list too.
I have read the aforementioned books, how many books did you read this year? You can respond by inserting a comment on this blog or on Twitter with “letsreadtz” hashtag.
Let us make 2013 a reading year!