The former beleaguered Igunga Member of Parliament has resigned all positions within the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) party. With this announcement, it means that Rostam will no longer be an MP and a Member of the National Executive Committee.
This announcement comes from persistent calls from the public, media and the party to resign following alleged links to corruption and being identified as the “source” of the current ruling party poor public image.
With this suprise resignation, the next coming days will be very critical in Tanzanian politicosphere. The key questions will be:
1. Will other who are tainted with corruption follow suit and resign?
2. Will the Government follow up with prosecution?
3. With damaged reputation and “limited political influence” what would be Rostam’s next move? Will he fled from the country or staying put?
All in all, it was a bold move on his part and I am looking forward to see how the rest of scenes will unfold.
- Youth parade was the highlight of this year Union celebrations. Reminded me of days when parades were part of school activities #Unionat53 6 hours ago
- All the best @SerengetiBoys! Make us proud cc @jamalmalinzi 4 days ago
- Natumai Ndugu @kitilam utazuru kwenye mradi huu. Tunahitaji mfumo wa usambazaji kuharakikishwa. Watu wa Kigamboni w… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- Natafuta mawasiliano ya wakala wa mbolea (genuine) ya Urea mkoani DSM. Mwenye kujua tuwasiliane tafadhali. 6 days ago
- Visima 15 kati ya 20 vimekamilika. Serikali bado inatafuta fedha za usambazaji wa maji hayo. Nafuatilia kwa karibu. twitter.com/simbahd/status… 6 days ago
- wanja vinauzwa kupitia Halmashauri ya Manispaa ya Kigamboni. Wasiliana na Ofisi ya Mkurugenzi #Kigambonimpya fb.me/1nRJdxZ28 1 week ago
- Viwanja vinauzwa kupitia Halmashauri ya Manispaa ya Kigamboni #Kigambonimpya https://t.co/1FHBIj7u5o 1 week ago
- Nawatakia Heri ya Pasaka. Naomba tudumishe upendo, amani na umoja kama Taifa! 1 week ago
- Reading headlines today one might think no major events like memorial of slain police and hostels inauguration happened. Something is amiss 1 week ago
- Happy Easter Everyone! Let's spread love and maintain peace around us, which are critical ingredients for global peace and security. 1 week ago